The SFJ Level 4 Award in Covert Surveillance Operations (Basic) is a qualification designed to develop and provide formal recognition of learners’ knowledge, understanding and competence of surveillance techniques. Surveillance is the monitoring of the behaviour, activities or other changing information, usually of people for the purpose of intelligence gathering as part of an investigation into unlawful or illegal activity, or for enforcement activities. The qualification introduces learners to the essentials of covert surveillance and provides them with a progression route to the larger Advanced Award or Certificate sized surveillance sector qualifications, which expand further on the knowledge and skills covered in this qualification and additional aspects of covert surveillance.
This qualification is aimed at those who wish to gain a recognised qualification, whether they are new to the investigative or enforcement sectors or they have a professional background in a related field and intend to engage in continuing professional development. The skills developed in the qualification will be relevant to the private investigation sector and to individuals with a military background carrying out resettlement training prior to civilian life.
- Qualification: SFJ Level 4 Award in Covert Surveillance Operations (Basic)
- Entry requirements: This qualification is regulated by Ofqual and approved for learners aged 18+ in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Learners must be able to work at Level 3 or above
Learners will need to have a reasonable level of fitness to undertake practical surveillance activities
If English is not the learner’s first language, they should hold a suitable internationally recognised qualification e.g. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (or equivalent)
It is preferable but not mandatory that learners are able to drive and hold a valid driving licence, but if not, they must have the physical and medical means to be able to learn to drive in future
- Awarding body: SFJ Awards
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
- Location: NMITE University, Blackfriars Campus, Hereford (although this location can be altered to meet the needs of a specific cohort)
Duration & Delivery Model
5 consecutive days of 9-10 hours each day. Taught and fully assessed within a 5-day block (includes evening learning to reflect the needs of the programme content).
What you will Learn
- Purpose and effectiveness of surveillance teams
- Minimising personal risk
- Legalities surrounding surveillance
- Anti surveillance measures
- Mobile and foot surveillance measures
- How to: plan, execute and debrief surveillance operations effectively
Units / Modules
- Organising Teamwork in Surveillance Operations
- Obtaining and Collating Information by Surveillance
- Organising Foot Surveillance
- Organising Mobile Surveillance
Assessment is achieved through the completion of a course tailored workbook, practical experiences and observations which are filmed for reflection and confirmation of ability. No exams or extended essays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
This qualification is aimed at those who wish to gain a recognised qualification, whether they are new to the investigative or enforcement sectors or they have a professional background in a related field and intend to engage in continuing professional development.
What can I do next?
Minerva Elite Performance also offer a progression route to the SFJ AWARDS Level 4 Award in Covert Surveillance Operations (Advanced) or the SFJ AWARDS Level 4 Certificate in Covert Surveillance Operations. MEP can facilitate these progression routes to suit interested candidates (numbers dependent). If learners progress to the SFJ AWARDS Level 4 Award in Covert Surveillance Operations (Advanced) or the SFJ AWARDS Level 4 Certificate in Covert Surveillance Operations, they must register within 6-12 months of certification if they intend to use units already taken in this qualification (via the process of RPL)
Why Choose MEP?
- All tutor led lessons and assessments (no self-directed learning, support at every juncture)
- Taught by subject specialists.
- Most of the assessment/evidence will take place during the live sessions, with some small written tasks as ‘homework’
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the qualification inside the hours allocated (limiting the need to work outside of the sessions)
- Face to face taught sessions at NMITE University, Blackfriars Campus, Hereford (although this location can be altered to meet the needs of a specific cohort)
- You will be provided with a temporary Microsoft Teams Education account for the duration of your programme.
- No exams or extended essays. It is a practical course with assessment being user friendly, sensible, and purposeful.
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.