This programme has been created to support education providers by training designated staff members in their conduct and processes for searching students and learners safely, effectively, and lawfully in line with UK legislation for prohibited items in an educational setting. The programme aims to create a positive culture of confidence in screening and searching learners for prohibited items.
- Course Name: Safe Search – Search training for schools, colleges,
- Qualification: MEP Bespoke Programme
- Entry requirements: None
- Awarding body: MEP Bespoke Programme
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: MEP use subject specialists with teaching qualifications for
safe search training events. These MEP trainers are deployable to
service provision to suit the client location.
Duration & Delivery Model
5 hours of face-to-face contact time.
What you will Learn
The following themes will be covered within the programme –
- UK legislation and guidance
- Organisation policy and procedure review and adherence
- Reducing risk of physical and emotional harm
- Weapons, drugs, and prohibited item awareness.
- Handheld metal detector uses and process for execution.
- Physical search methodology
- Effective communication and de-escalation techniques
- Ethical consideration and policy guidance
Units / Modules
- Legislation and Policy
- Types of Searching and Screening
- Prohibited Items Awareness
- Reasonable Grounds
- Search Techniques
- Post Incident Actions
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
Education providers with a duty of care to train designated staff members in screening and searching learners for prohibited items in line with uk legislation and internal policy
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.