This programme is aimed at learners who have had little or no formal education in written and spoken English. By attending this programme learners are supported in:
- Communicating clearly and effectively, both formally and informally, for a range of purposes, using spoken language
- Having the confidence and will to tackle challenging tasks
- Committing to learning to improve performance
- Working in an organised way to ensure work is carried out in an effective and efficient manner
- Qualification: Personal Development / Skill Improvement (not accredited)
- Entry requirements:
- Learners must be able to access online learning through a Tablet, Mobile Phone, Laptop, Desktop (including good Wi-Fi)
- Learners must be able to attend 100% of the 20 scheduled teaching sessions which take place weekly at the same time of day
- Learners must have the ability to speak and understand very basic spoken English (although the purpose of this programme is to develop spoken and written English, a base level of understanding is required to support learners sufficiently)
- Awarding body: None. MEP bespoke education and training provision
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Online through the Virtual Learning Space of Microsoft Teams Education
Duration & Delivery Model
- Online: 20 consecutive weeks of 2 hour online lessons with a subject specialist. Lessons are 90 minutes of delivery content; however, 120 minutes have been scheduled to allow for mentoring and support, extra learning/consolidating learning.
What you will Learn
- Listening strategies to identify and understand key spoken information
- Speaking strategies for communicating information, ideas and opinions clearly and accurately
- Conventions and strategies for following, understanding, and contributing to discussions appropriately
- Reading strategies for Identifying and understanding the main points in written texts
- Learning a range of specialist words
- Strategies for learning and remembering basic spellings
Units / Modules
There are 20 themed units / lessons scheduled for the 20-week delivery model. Each unit / lesson is built to teach new skills and knowledge, as well as consolidate prior learning.
Assessment will be gradual, informal, and supportive (to reflect the nature of the topic and cohorts) Assessment is used to ensure that learners are making meaningful progress as they study. Assessment will be achieved via small written tasks, questions and answers, demonstration and small teams-based activities. No exams or extended essays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
This programme is aimed at learners who have had little or no formal education in written and spoken English.
What can I do next?
Minerva Elite Performance offer a repeated process of the delivery model, but with more challenging content and tasks to further develop our learners. Natural progression will be for learners to enter a formal ESOL qualification at an entry level. MEP can facilitate and support learners in this process.
Why Choose MEP?
- All tutor led lessons and assessments (no self-directed learning, support at every juncture).
- Taught by subject specialists.
- Most of the assessment/evidence will take place during the live sessions, with some small written tasks as ‘homework’.
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the programme inside the hours allocated (limiting the need to work outside of the sessions).
- Easy to access and supportive online teaching and learning through Microsoft Teams Education VLE.
- Learners will be provided with a temporary Microsoft Teams Education account for the duration of the programme (with access to Teams, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc).
- No exams or extended essays. It is a practical course with assessment being user friendly, sensible, and purposeful.
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.