The objective of this qualification is to support learners to become first aiders in the workplace. The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external. defibrillator (AED) and assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries, anaphylaxis, and auto-injectors. This qualification is valid for 3 years from the date of award.
- Qualification: Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
- Entry requirements:
- Learners must be over the age of 14 at enrolment
- Infill applicant model (open to the general public for self-funded booking)
- Awarding body: Highfield
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
- Location: MEP delivers first aid training at NMITE University, Hereford Campus, Black Friars Street, however, we can facilitate training at varying locations to suit the needs of our clients
- Valid for 3 years
- Meets HSE / HSENI requirements
Duration & Delivery Model
- Face to face: 3-day course
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED and assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries, anaphylaxis and correct use of auto-injectors.
Topics also include:
- Assessing an emergency situation safely
- Administering first aid to a choking casualty
- Putting a casualty in the recovery position
- Dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and minor injuries
Units / Modules
- Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
- Practical assessment: The practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment requires learners to demonstrate practical first aid skills
- Centre-marked multiple-choice theory assessment
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Qualification for?
The qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
How Long Will it Take?
To complete this qualification, learners should expect to undertake 22 hours of learning, typically over three days, with a minimum contact time of 18 hours.
What can I do Next?
Why Choose MEP?
- All tutor led lessons and assessments (no self-directed learning, support at every juncture)
- Taught by subject specialists.
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the programme inside the hours allocated
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.