The objective of this qualification is to support learners in becoming emergency first aiders in the workplace. The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolemic shock, also how to provide first aid for minor injuries. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of award.
- Qualification: Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid (RQF)
- Entry requirements:
- Learners must be over the age of 14 at enrolment.
- Infill applicant model (open to the general public for self-funded booking)
- Awarding body: Highfield
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
- Location: MEP delivers first aid training at NMITE University, Hereford Campus, Black Friars Street, however, we can facilitate training at varying locations to suit the needs of our clients.
- Valid for 3 years
- Meets HSE / HSENI requirements
Duration & Delivery Model
- Face to face: 1-day course (6 hours)
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The qualification also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED, providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
Units / Modules
- Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Practical assessment: The practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment requires learners to demonstrate practical paediatric first aid skills
- Centre-marked multiple-choice theory assessment
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
How Long Will it Take?
To complete this emergency first aid at work qualification learners should expect to undertake 7 hours of learning, typically over one day, with a minimum contact time of 6 hours.
What can I do next?
Why Choose MEP?
- All tutor led lessons and assessments (no self-directed learning, support at every juncture)
- Taught by subject specialists
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the programme inside the hours allocated
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.