The course is run as a training vehicle for aspiring and practising teachers, mainly in the post-16 sector, but is also suitable in some circumstances, for practitioners who are working in a school setting. This programme is suited to those who are new to teaching and training or are seeking a reputable and respected qualification to validate their prior teaching/training experiences.
- Qualification: Award in Education and Training 12 Credits (Level 3) Pearson
- Entry requirements: Applicants must be 19+ years of age at enrolment
- Awarding body: Pearson
- Cost: £360.00 including VAT (all inclusive) – ELCAS registered programme
- Location: Online through the Virtual Learning Space of Microsoft Teams Education
Duration & Delivery Model
This model will allow learners 4 months of self-directed study to self-pace through units 1, 5 and then 4. Learners must submit all assignments and final activities within the 4-month period.
The delivery model for the AET is built around flexibility and self-guided learning. This model allows learners to work at their own pace to complete 14 small assignments which lead to the completion of all learning outcomes within the programme.
There are 14 small assignments, each once with a different theme and method of assessment. The 14 assignments consist of mind maps, small essays, presentations, worksheets, peer assessment, video/podcast type activities and a microteach.
MEP have structured this programme to best expose you as a learner to differentiated assessment methods to add value to your understanding of what makes outstanding teaching and assessment. MEP have chosen to move away from large essays and ‘written only’ assessment, and instead have chosen varied assessment to suit all candidates!
What you will Learn
- Top tips and tricks for education and training
- How to manage learner progress and behaviour
- How to give and deliver effective feedback
- How to support and motivate learners
- How we use assessment to establish that learning has taken place
Units / Modules
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
There is a diverse range of assessment within this programme including presentations, mind-maps, small written tasks, practical demonstration and a summative micro-teach. No exams or extended essays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
This course is ideal if you are experienced in your sector and wish to support your organisation by facilitating internal training. This course is also a great first step if you wish to pursue teaching as a fulltime vocation.
What can I do next?
Minerva Elite Performance also offer a progression route to the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
(This programme is considered industry standard in adult teaching and post 16 (further education) with licence to practice. The opportunity also exists for candidates to apply for Qualified Teacher Status on completion allowing for teaching in secondary schools).
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose MEP?
- Online lessons and learning through Microsoft Teams Education
- Assignments and assessment material uploaded and marked on Teams Education, easing the process and logistics for both learner and tutor
- You will be provided with a temporary Microsoft Teams Education account for the duration of your programme, giving you access to all the office 365 features whilst you study with us!
Roll-on model – join and start with us anytime with a 4-month window to completion!
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.