The course is run as a training vehicle for aspiring and practising teachers, mainly in the post-16 sector, but is also suitable in some circumstances, for practitioners who are working in a school setting. This programme is suited to those who are new to teaching and training or are seeking a reputable and respected qualification to validate their prior teaching / training experiences. The programme is taught and assessed with common sense and subject matter relevance, using practical’s, team tasks, presentations, and small written tasks opposed to large summative assessments.
- Qualification: Award in Education and Training 12 Credits (Level 3)
- Entry requirements: Applicants must be 19+ years of age at enrolment
- Awarding body: Pearson
- Cost: £630.00 including VAT (all inclusive) – ELCAS registered programme
- Location: Learning at NMITE University, Black Friars, Hereford (or a location to suit a particular client if group booking has been secured)
Duration & Delivery Model
We offer a range of delivery models to suit employers and organisations for multiple candidate bookings. Please fill in the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about group bookings.
Our individual applicant model is built around two pathways:
- Blended Model: Three online evenings over two weeks of four hours, with week three consisting of two online evenings of 4 hours. Plus, one face-to-face summative assessment day of nine hours. Taught and fully assessed within a three-week block
- Week Intensive Model: Five consecutive days of nine hours. Taught and fully assessed within a five-day block
(On application state whether you would like to infill into the above stated blended models or would prefer a week’s intensive model)
What you will Learn
- Top tips and tricks for education and training
- How to manage learner progress and behaviour
- How to give and deliver effective feedback
- How to support and motivate learners
- How we use assessment to establish that learning has taken place
Units / Modules
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
There is a diverse range of assessment within this programme including presentations, team tasks, pairs tasks, mind-maps, small written tasks, practical demonstration, formal observed teaching practice, reflective practice, video tutorial creation, some essays, no exams!
MEP have chosen to create a programme that is supportive in how it is assessed, with a wide range of assessment methods to meet the needs and preferences of all learners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
This course is ideal if you are experienced in your sector and wish to support your organisation by facilitating internal training. This course is also a great first step if you wish to pursue teaching as a fulltime vocation.
What can I do next?
Minerva Elite Performance also offer a progression route to the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
(This programme is considered industry standard in adult teaching and post 16 (further education) with licence to practice. The opportunity also exists for candidates to apply for Qualified Teacher Status on completion allowing for teaching in secondary schools).
Why Choose MEP?
- All tutor led lessons and assessments (no self-directed learning, support at every juncture).
- Taught by subject specialists.
- Most of the assessment/evidence will take place during the live sessions, with some small written tasks as ‘homework’.
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the qualification inside the hours allocated (limiting the need to work outside of the sessions)
- Face to face taught sessions at NMITE University, Blackfriars Campus, Hereford (although this location can be altered to meet the needs of a specific cohort).
- Assignments and assessment material uploaded and marked on Teams Education, easing the process and logistics for both learner and tutor.
- You will be provided with a temporary Microsoft Teams Education account for the duration of your programme.
- The course includes – presentations, small written tasks, reflections, pairs tasks, mind maps, practical assessment. No exams or extended essays. It is a practical course with assessment being user friendly, sensible, and purposeful.
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.