This qualification is designed to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace. The objective of the qualification is to:
- Prepare learners to progress into further / higher level training
- Support a role in the workplace
The qualification provides learners with an understanding in the responsibilities of employers and employees, the benefits of good health and safety, steps to a risk assessment and how they can reduce accidents, near misses and ill-health, typical hazards and controls in a workplace, common causes of accidents, near misses and ill-health, emergency procedures and the importance of recording accidents, near misses and ill-health
- Course name: Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF)
- Qualification: Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF)
- Entry requirements: To register for this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements:
- Be 14 years of age or above
- Awarding body: Highfield
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
- Location: MEP delivers training at NMITE University, Hereford Campus, Black Friars Street, however, we can facilitate training at varying locations to suit the needs of our clients.
Duration & Delivery Model
Face to face: one day / afternoon-evening (6 hours).
What you will Learn
- Understand roles and duties for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the process of risk assessment
- Understand how risk assessments improve health and safety at work
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in the workplace
Units / Modules
- Health and Safety within the Workplace
The qualification is assessed through a multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
Individuals and organisations looking to improve their understanding and knowledge of the subject matter. Individual and organisations looking for regulated qualifications in the subject matter.
What can I do next?
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking Highfield Conflict Management level 2.
Why Choose MEP?
- All tutor led lessons and assessments
- Taught by subject specialists
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the programme inside the hours allocated
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.