The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in catering role, or to support a role in the workplace. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
- Course name: Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering (RQF)
- Qualification: Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering (RQF)
- Entry requirements: To register for this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements:
- Be 14 years of age or above
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and maths, or equivalent.
- Awarding body: Highfield
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: MEP delivers training at NMITE University, Hereford Campus, Black Friars Street, however, we can facilitate training at varying locations to suit the needs of our clients.
Duration & Delivery Model
Face to face: one day (7 hours).
What you will Learn
- Understand the importance of food handlers keeping themselves and work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping food products safe
Units / Modules
- Principles of Food Safety for Catering
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice examination, externally set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
Individuals and organisations looking to improve their understanding and knowledge of the subject matter. Individual and organisations looking for regulated qualifications in the subject matter.
What can I do next?
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to explore our Level 2 Award in Conflict Management programme.
Why Choose MEP?
- All tutor led lessons and assessments
- Taught by subject specialists
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the programme inside the hours allocated
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.