Give staff the skills to resolve conflict effectively and respectfully.
Not all customer facing roles are the same, and sometimes dealing with the public can have its challenges, particularly when handling issues and complaints.
This course has been designed to provide conflict management skills to anyone working in a customer facing role, deals with service users or the public in general.
It is applicable to a wide range of sectors, and can be taken by anyone requiring a better understanding of how to prevent conflict from arising, or would like to feel more confident in being able to deal with challenging situations.
Sean Colsey, our Operations Director, is a leading expert in the field of Conflict Management with over 25 years in the field of operational and training experience in managing conflict. Sean wrote the Highfield, ‘Understanding Conflict Management‘ book and has updated several versions of this.
This book aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to reduce the likelihood of abusive and threatening behaviour occurring within the workplace and has been written in line with the Level 2 Award in Conflict Management.
- Qualification: Level 2 Award in Conflict Management
- Entry requirements:
- Learners must be aged 16 and over
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of level 2 in literacy
- Awarding body: Highfield
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: MEP delivers Conflict Management training at NMITE University, Hereford Campus, Black Friars Street, however, we can facilitate training at varying locations to suit the needs of our clients
Duration & Delivery Model
This course is usually run over 1 full day. If you require a different delivery arrangement, we will do all we can to meet the needs of your group.
- How communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- The factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- How to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- How to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Good practice to follow after conflict situations
Units / Modules
- Background to conflict
- Triggers to aggressive behaviour
- Understanding customers’ needs when they are angry
- Stages of conflict escalation
- How our safety can be compromised
- Recognising rising anger
- Reading signs and symptoms of aggression
- Managing conflict ‘flashpoints’
- Responding to conflict
- Understanding our natural response to conflict
- Understanding the impact of ‘Trigger’ words and phrases
- Managing our body language during conflict
- Staying calm and managing our own responses
- Managing conflict
- Know how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- Know the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- Know how to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- Know how to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Handling abusive behaviour
- Know good practice to follow after conflict situations
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals who require training in conflict management. It is appropriate for a wide range of sectors and is suitable for anyone who has a customer facing role, deals with service users or the public. It can also be a useful qualification for individuals who would like a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations from arising and feel more confident in being able to deal with situations if they arise.
Why Choose MEP?
- Full access to tutors, always knowing whether you are on the right track with regards to your assignments right from day one
- Delivered and assessed by subject specialists
- Very practical approach – no isolated theory-learning required
- No previous academic knowledge is required – should you have some, this is for your benefit, however, it is not required
- The assessments are in essay-format and two short presentations. No exams
- Full access to our learning material, including tutor access, 1-1 support throughout and recorded sessions. Bi-monthly live seminar sessions with the option to request 1-1 meetings as and when required
- Online sessions delivered on Microsoft teams and / or Zoom
- Assignments and assessment material uploaded and marked on Teams Education, easing the process and logistics for both learner and tutor
- You will be provided with a temporary Microsoft Teams Education account for the duration of your programme
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.