The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace. It is designed for learners who currently hold a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a Close Protection Operative and need to be brought up to date with the new licence-linked qualification requirements.
- Qualification: Level 2 Award for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry (Top Up)
- Entry requirements:
- Learners must be aged 18 and over
- Learners must currently hold a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a Close Protection Operative
- Learners must hold a valid Level 3 (RQF/QCF) (Level 6 (SCQF)) 3-day full first-aid qualification before they can begin any close protection training
- Learners should, as a minimum, have language skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- Awarding body: Highfield
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
- Location: NMITE University, Hereford Campus, Black Friars Street, HR4 9HS
Duration & Delivery Model
This is a two-stage blended delivery model for this programme, to minimise your time away from contracts and maximise activity in qualifying.
- Stage 1: Self-directed study activities through Microsoft Teams Education – Distance Learning
- Stage 2: 3 days face to face delivery at NMITE University, Hereford Campus, Black Friars Street, HR49HS
What you will Learn
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Understand how to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand licensing law relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand the requirements of providing clear and concise instructions to the principal and team members in emergency situations
- Know how to respond to a change in operational conditions from standard operating procedures (SOP) to emergency operating procedures (EOP)
- Know the responsibilities of the close protection team when there is an immediate physical threat to the principal
- Understand the necessity for narrowing the concentric layers of protection when managing an immediate threat to the principal
- Understand the implications of common and criminal law when using force on another person
- Know the positive alternatives to using physical intervention skills in a close protection environment
- Understand associated threats as a result of an attempted assault or unwarranted attention towards a principal
- Know how to apply physical intervention skills in a justifiable, ethical, and professional manner
- Be able to use non-pain compliant soft skills to prevent harm to a principal
- Be able to use defensive non-pain compliant skills to protect self from assault
- Be able to use non-pain compliant methods of protecting the inner cordon
- Be able to protect the principal from assault
- Be able to communicate effectively to encourage de-escalation
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand the risks associated with using physical intervention
- Understand how to reduce the risks associated with physical intervention
- Be able to use physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain compliant standing, holding and escorting techniques
Units / Modules
- Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry
- Principles of Working as a Door Supervisor for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry
- Application of Physical Intervention Skills for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry
- Application of physical intervention skills in the private security industry
- Practical assessment
- Externally set and marked multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
This qualification is intended for learners already holding an existing close protection licence and need to obtain skills update to meet industry requirement.
What can I do next?
Progression for learning may be towards a specific area of private security such a covert surveillance. MEP offer the SFJ Level 4 Award in Covert Surveillance Operations (Intermediate).
Why Choose MEP?
- Taught by subject specialists
- Face to face delivery at a modern and accessible training venue
- Developed with focus on ensuring the quality of the training is of the highest standard
- Delivery schedule created to support working professionals with a blended model of study / attendance
- Most of the assessment / evidence will take place during the live sessions, with some small written tasks as ‘homework’
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the programme inside the hours allocated (limiting the need to work outside of the sessions)
- Learners will be provided with a temporary Microsoft Teams Education account for the duration of the programme (with access to Teams, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc)
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.