This course is aimed to support learners entering the world of cybersecurity, it is entry level and contains key themes that allow learners to better understand the principles of what creates a safe online environment. This course prepares learners by building a solid foundation of knowledge to pass the exam and ultimately allow for progression to an entry / junior level cybersecurity employment opportunity.
- Qualification: Certified in Cybersecurity (Entry-Level Certification) One-day course
- Entry requirements: None
- Awarding body: (ISC)2
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing by filling out the form below. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
- Location: Online through the Virtual Learning Space of Microsoft Teams Education
Duration & Delivery Model
- Online: 8 hours of tutor guided learning online – 2 x attempts at the summative assessment exam which is facilitated at a Pearson Vue Test Centre
- Face to face: 8 hours of tutor guided learning in a classroom- 2 x attempts at the summative assessment exam which is facilitated at a Pearson Vue Test Centre
(Face-to-face model facilitated at NMITE University, Black Friars Street, Hereford)
Target numbers for either delivery model to go ahead is 8 learners.
What you will Learn
- Recognise foundational security concepts of information assurance
- Define risk management terminology and summarise the process
- Relate risk management to personal or professional practices
- Practice the terminology of and review security policies
- And many other topics!
Units / Modules
- Security Principles
- Business Continuity (BC), Disaster recovery and Incident Response Concepts
- Access Controls Concepts
- Network Security
- Security Operations
Online summative assessed examination at a Pearson Vue centre (organised by the learner on completion of course attendance).
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Training for?
This is the perfect course for ANY applicant who wishes to start their journey into a career within cybersecurity.
What can I do next?
MEP offer the next step progression which is the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®).
MEP also offer the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) however, this is most commonly a next step from the SSCP or for those candidates with extensive operations experience in cybersecurity (5+ years’ experience).
Why Choose MEP?
- All tutor led lessons and assessments (no self-directed learning, support at every juncture)
- Taught by subject specialists
- Most of the assessment/evidence will take place during the live sessions, with some small written tasks as ‘homework’
- We will make the most of the live sessions and ensure that learners are given ample time to get everything done for the programme inside the hours allocated (limiting the need to work outside of the sessions)
- Easy to access and supportive online teaching and learning through Microsoft Teams Education VLE
- Learners will be provided with a temporary Microsoft Teams Education account for the duration of the programme (with access to Teams, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc)
- Exam voucher included in the price
- Auto membership to ISC2 (with access to resources and learning materials)
Please contact us below to discuss the next date(s) for this course. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Interest
Get in touch today and a member of our team will reach out to book you onto this course or answer any questions you may have about this course.